Zucchini Slice - the lunchbox favourite
Do you have a go to lunchbox hit? I really enjoy baking lunchbox treats for the family, and packing as much goodness into them as I possibly can. Cue hiding veggies in plain sight.
For this lunchbox treat I normally make it on a weekend, slice up and then freeze any extras so we've always got something ready to go.
5 Free Range Eggs
1 Brown Onion
1/2 cup Gluten Free Self Raising Flour, sifted
1 cup diced ham, optional - don't add if you want totally veggie
1/2 cup Cheese, grated
Chives, Parsley, Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180 C, line slice tray with baking paper
2. Beat eggs
3. Grate zucchini, carrots and onion into a bowl, squeeze as much liquid out as you can.
4. Add veggies into eggs and mix together, then add ham, flour, cheese, chives, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined and a little fluffy.
5. Bake for 20-30 mins, the slice will be cooked through and should have some nice brown colour on top.
6. Turn out from tray and cool on rack, slice and enjoy.
What extra things do you add to your slice? Let us know in the comments so we can give it a go!